Thursday, August 26, 2010

Gray...The New Neutral??

A color mix described between Black and White. Gray is gaining popularity as the new neutral.  It looks good with almost any color and ranges from cool to warm tones, and looks great with everything from home accents to walls.  A Better Homes and Gardens article that I had once referenced here showing my love of home decor also caused me to bookmark a few pictures for future reference.

I love how this classic gray coats the walls and the black bed frame really pops against the cream rug...although I wouldn't use orange as my accent color... I love the pop of color on a neutral background and the touch of glamour with the mirror.


This gray-blue hue is also very soothing and would be ideal for a bedroom or also a "spa" like bathroom I love the contrast between white moldings and dark woods in this setting.

 
Neutral colors and natural materials make up this calming room.  It just looks so inviting from  the linen headboard to the velvet coverlet and the leather bench and dark wood night stands "Soft gray walls almost shimmer with creams and whites"

And a few more that I pulled from HGTV's website





No comments:

Post a Comment