Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Inspired by Decor

I have been looking online for home decor inspiration and came across this living room that I absolutely fell in love with.



I love the dark gray walls, the big mirror, and the dark wood table, and the gray chair cushions really help tie everything together. I love that it is a formal dining space, but not over the top. (I would purchase a rectangular table over a round though!)



Being a recent newlywed, our wedding gifts included new formal place settings of china (Noritake "Platinum Wave") I love this china for the silver border, I love the swirls, and I love that it's fairly simple and not to busy. I have been looking for inspiration on how to decorate and coordinate with my new pattern and this room just spoke to me...I could totally see my china on the table in that room!




Another photo in an online gallery that inspired me, was of this silver/gray skirting. It's a nice way to store items out of sight. I do eventually want a buffet over of a large hutch for storing my china, but until I can find a piece I love this could work. I love the silver mirror, (and recently purchased a similar one from TJ Maxx!) Candlelight in formal spaces is another necessity, and these candles are no exception! I have been on the lookout for formal silver or grey candles with no such luck...my search continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment