Wednesday, April 11, 2012

It's a...




........................Girl.........................




On March 27th, at our 20 week checkup/ultrasound We found out we will be welcoming a little girl into our family.  I didn't want to get my hopes up too high, but I was REALLY hoping for a girl. 

That morning as I was driving to the OB, I was listening to our local radio station, and they were having a segment where parents were calling in and telling stories of the stupid "boy things" their sons had done..anything from attaching a blanket to there back (like Superman) and jumping off of stairs and roofs, to peeing on electric fences, filling water ballons up with urine, things they had flushed down the toilet, lit on fire, swallowed,  rolled in...the list goes on. I was thinking "can I handle that?" (As I laughed)

I met Pat at the doctor and as we patiently waited for our turn.  The nurse call us back and we headed into the sonography room.  The tech asked us right away if we wanted to know what we were having and we answered in unison.."YES" She started waving the wand over my belly to find that the baby was head down low in my pelvis doing a headstand with her legs in the air.. a direct shot at "the naughty bits" The 3 white lines were distinct.."You're having a girl"!!!  I'm sure my eyes just lit up when she said that..and I also had to think "she did just say girl, right?" I was in such shock!!  I looked over at Pat and he was just grinning.  He wanted a boy, but had that gut feeling it was going to be a girl. This will be the 9th..yes 9th girl on his side of the family without ANY boys!! He has 2 girl cousins, who both had 2 girls each, and his brother who had 2 girls..and now our little lady!! CRAZY!! 

Everything checked out normal and healthy, and the heartbeat sounded good and strong.  The only thing they couldn't get a good look at was her lip.  Since her head was so far down in my pelvis they couldn't check for a cleft lip, so at our next monthly appointment they are going to do another U/S to check. (And I am going to have them verify the sex one more time!) :) We were sent home with 5 photos of our girl, a goody bag that had a baby changing table organizer and a starting can of formula in it, along with a book: Your baby from birth to 5 years. 

I couldn't wait to get home and spread the news.  My mom had the day off and I Skyped her and told her all about our appointment..and then asked her if she wanted to know what we were having (of course she did..that's why I skyped her, so I could see her reaction) I held up the girl balloon that I purchased and she just lost it. (she even wore waterproof mascara for the occasion!)  She was so excited, she had been hoping for a girl too!  I then sent out a few texts, and then went public with the news on facebook.  Such a great day!! Now we just need to pick a name for our little girl! 



No comments:

Post a Comment